Registration Assistant (Mini U)
Deadline to Apply: Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis, with rolling interviews from February to June. Apply early!
Classification: Student Assistant II
Employee Group: PSAC
Job Title: Registration Assistant
Department: Mini University
Wage or Salary: $11.92 per hour
Hours of Work: Between 25-40 hours/week, Monday to Friday
Start Date: April 6, 2020 (or based on availability of candidate)
Number of Positions Available: 2 (subject to budget)
Length of Appointment: September 4, 2020 (subject to camper enrollment and budget)
Course Title and Number (if applicable): N/A
Date Issued: January 31, 2020
- Process and enter data, including camp registrations, take payment, prepare deposits, and answer parent inquiries regarding registrations.
- Assist with attendance, supplies, promotion, administration and other paperwork.
- Some light cleaning and physical duties (moving supplies, equipment, etc).
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Being enrolled currently as a post-secondary student is preferred but not required.
- Having previous knowledge of and experience with any or all of the following is considered a strong asset: customer service, handling/counting cash, data entry, Microsoft Office, and desktop publishing software.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have an eye for detail and be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced office environment.
For more information on how to apply, visit: http://miniu.brandonu.ca/jobs-at-mini-u/, or call 204-727-7311.
Successful candidates are given the voluntary option to disclose information based on one or more of protected grounds to fulfill the requirements associated with approved grant funding for Mini University.
Successful candidates are responsible for completing and submitting the following to Mini University: 1) Child Abuse Registry Check; 2) Criminal Record Check; and, 3) Valid Emergency-level CPR/First Aid certification (adult/child/infant). All fees paid to obtain said documentation are at the applicant’s expense.
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. This starts with the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during any phase of the evaluation process, please indicate it in your cover letter. All information received related to an accommodation is kept confidential. To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, this posting is available in an alternate format upon request.