Research Assistant III – Centre for Critical Studies of Rural Mental Health
Classification: Research Assistant III
Employee Group: PSAC
Job Title: Research Assistant III
Department: Centre for Critical Studies of Rural Mental Health
Wage or Salary: $20.04/hr
Hours of Work: 5-10 hrs/wk
Start Date: October 30, 2023
Number of Positions available: 2
Length of Appointment: October 30, 2023 – October 29, 2024
Date Issued: October 16, 2023
Application Deadline: 4:30 pm on October 25, 2023
- Conducting literature searches and reviews,
- Contributing to qualitative and quantitative data collection (e.g., focus groups and interviews, statistical data),
- Transcribing data and reviewing transcripts for accuracy and preparing summaries,
- Contributing to data entry and analysis,
- Contributing to research team meetings,
- Supporting the management of CCSRMH social media and website (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter),
- And, other relevant duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills,
- High regard for quality and attention to detail,
- Strong language and writing skills required,
- Education and training in qualitative and quantitative research methods,
- Experience and/or knowledge working in research, an asset.
- Preference will be given to a Third or Fourth year undergraduate student, those with relevant experience will also be considered.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a Letter of Interest and Curriculum Vitae to Tracy Young, Research Facilitator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. This starts with the hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, contact HR at email@example.com. All information received related to an accommodation is kept confidential. To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, this posting is available in an alternate format upon request.