Research Assistant III – Department of Psychiatric Nursing
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on February 25, 2019.
Classification: Research Assistant III
Job Title: Research Assistant
Employee Group: PSAC
Department: Psychiatric Nursing
Start Date: March 9, 2019
Date Issued: January 18, 2019
Hours of Work: 165 hours total (average 5 hours/week)
Number of Positions Available: 2 (Brandon and Winnipeg)
- Research Preparation – Literature Review, Online Qualitative Research Instrument Preparation, development of research recruitment materials development of research paperwork, etc.
- Recruit participants to complete an online qualitative questionnaire
- Organize data and analyze data from online qualitative questionnaire with other members of the research team.
- Conduct individual interviews with participants.
- Transcribe individual interviews.
- Analyze individual interview data with the other members of the research team.
- Attend training and meetings with the research team as needed.
- Report on ongoing progress to the research team leader.
- Hours of work are flexible.
- Enrolled in a Master program.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience and comfort with speaking to large groups.
- Ability to receive direction, follow-through according to timelines, and work independently.
- Effective communication skills.
- There are two research sites for this project: Winnipeg and Brandon. All applicants must have easy access to one of those sites in order to be considered.
- Qualitative research method course completed at the graduate level, preferred.
Room 112 – Health Studies Building
Department of Psychiatric Nursing, Faculty of Health Studies
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com.This posting is available in an alternate format.