Research Assistant III – Rural Development Institute
The Rural Development Institute, proudly supported by the Brandon Local Immigration Partnership project along with the Interdisciplinary Immigration Research Network, is embarking upon a six-month research project aiming to compile, organize and synthesize literature related to immigration in Brandon and the Westman region.
If this is an interesting topic for you, and you are a graduate student, or a senior undergraduate student – please consider applying to become the Research Assistant on this project. Applications are to be received by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 23, 2020
Classification: Research Assistant III
Employee Group: PSAC
Wage: $15.63 per hour
Start Date: January 6, 2021
Date Issued: December 11, 2020
Hours of Work: 20-25 hours per Week on average
Length of Appointment: up to 8 months
Number of Positions: 1
The Research Assistant will:
- Identify sources of literature related to immigration in Brandon and Westman, both academic and non-academic
- Lead literature-related engagement with research partners and regional organizations
- Review and summarize immigration literature
- Collate literature on a digital platform
- Lead the preparation of a literature summary and collaborative presentation regarding the literature with the research partners
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must:
– demonstrate how this research complements their area of study
– have extensive advanced research skills and sound judgment; working in community-based research is an asset
The successful candidate will also have:
– the ability to communicate clearly and effectively; strong written communication skills are especially important
– strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills, and be self-motivated.
– the ability to work independently and with others effectively.
– the ability to uphold high standards of confidentiality and research integrity.
Applications must include a cover letter, and a resume/CV. In your cover letter, you should explain how you meet or exceed the qualifications of the job and how your area of study aligns with the project. Submissions should be made in one PDF file to Wayne Kelly via email email@example.com