Research Assistant IV – Faculty of Education
Applications are to be received by: Until the position is filled.
Classification: Research Assistant IV
Employee Group: PSAC
Department: Curriculum & Pedagogy
Start Date: July 23, 2018
Date Issued: July 5, 2018
Hours of Work: To be arranged, 70 hours total
Length of Appointment: July 23, 2018 – July 30, 2020
People are plugged in and networked within a social media habitus that influences how they interact in profound ways. Although social media exerts a powerful presence in the initiation, maintenance and the devolution of its users’ relationships, we are just beginning to understand how various social media platforms shape relationality and intimacy.
Dr. Alysha Farrell is leading a drama-as-research project that will explore what is taught, witnessed and resisted in relationships that are curated via social media platforms. This two-year study, funded by the Brandon University Research Committee, will provide the successful applicant with an opportunity for advanced training in arts-based research.
- Master’s degree in Education (preferable) or a completed Master’s degree in a related field of study
- Experience with interpretive or arts-based research methods
- Experience in conducting comprehensive literature reviews
- Exemplary teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Familiarity with at least two social media platforms
- Experience with conducting key informant interviews and preparing ethics applications is an asset
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a short cover letter and their CV to:
Dr. Alysha Farrell, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Education (FarrellA@brandonu.ca)
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com.This posting is available in an alternate format.