Research Assistant – Languages
Research Assistant II, PSAC Position, Department of Languages, Faculty of Arts
Salary: $12.98/hr (SAIII or RAII), 112 hours total (up to 14 weeks), starting June 1, 2021
Applications to be received by May 17, 2021.
– Conduct bibliographical research and identify relevant sources of literature
– Screen literature and extract key information
– Produce a literature survey for primary and secondary sources
– Assist with the organization of a workshop
– Strong language skills in French, especially reading (intermediate, upper-intermediate, advanced level)
– Strong organizational and time-management skills
– Must have an interest in research in the humanities and literary texts
– This is an excellent opportunity for students to obtain valuable training in francophone cultural studies, documentation
techniques and textual analysis.
Project: Dr. Hétu, with financial support from the Brandon University Research Committee, is examining how ambivalent
and problematic forms of care trigger different sets of responses in contemporary poetry collections written by women in
Quebec. We will be looking at the ways the collections address suffering, solidarity, and defiance and offer a promising
discourse on vulnerability and disruptive care through poetic work.
To Apply: Send a cover letter in French, an updated CV, and contact information for 3 references, one of which can confirm the
candidate’s fluency in French to firstname.lastname@example.org