Research Officer, Office of the Vice-President (Academic & Provost)
Reporting to the Manager of Research Services, the Research Officer provides research administrative coordination and support to faculty members and students in the delivery of grant, award, fellowship, and scholarship applications; acts as a resource for institutional research centres, institutes, and groups; and undertakes partnership development and networking initiatives with faculty, external agencies, industry, and the community.
- Coordinate Tri-Agency, government, organization, and industry research applications, and ensure timely submissions that comply with the relevant agency and University guidelines
- Provide exemplary support to the BU research community through the provision of expert guidance related to grants and awards, best practices in research administration, and partnership development
- Facilitate and deliver workshops, webinars, and information sessions for faculty and students to increase awareness of relevant funding opportunities and improve grant success
- Identify, promote, and facilitate funding opportunities to support research projects, partnerships, and collaborations
- Coordinate the application process for student research awards and scholarships
- Outreach to facilitate and maintain strategic research partnerships with external organizations and the community, acting as a liaison between partners, funders, researchers, and the institution
- Coordinate the preparation of research award nominations to external organizations for recognition of faculty member achievements
- Organize networking events to connect researchers with external research partners
- Work with key stakeholders within the University, such as the Associate Vice-President (Research), Manager of Research Services, deans, researchers, students, and staff
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- At least 1 full year of experience working in an office of research services
- Knowledge of the Tri-Agency, Canadian and Provincial research funding organizations, and the opportunities available to universities through industry, government, etc.
- Knowledge of research grant application procedures, funding guidelines, and best practices
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while balancing competing deadlines, priorities, and multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and sound judgement in decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality and privacy
This is a full-time, regular appointment under the classification of Managers and Professional Officers IV (MPO IV), with an annual salary range of $69,864.00 – $88,400.00, and will commence upon the earliest availability of the successful candidate.
Please submit your cover letter resume, and citizenship status, by e-mail to the Office of the Vice-President (Academic & Provost) at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is January 27, 2020. For a comprehensive job description, please send an email request to email@example.com.
**NOTE** A Criminal Record Check is required and the successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. This starts with the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All information received related to an accommodation is kept confidential. To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, this posting is available in an alternate format upon request.