Research Officer, Partnerships and Awards, Research Services, Vice-President (Academic & Provost)
Reporting to the Manager of Research Services, the Research Officer, Partnerships and Awards provides research administrative coordination and support to faculty members and students in the delivery of partnership grant, award, fellowship, and scholarship applications; acts as a resource for institutional research centres, institutes, and groups; and undertakes partnership development and networking initiatives with external agencies, industry, and the community.
- Coordinate Tri-Agency, government, organization, and industry partnership research applications, and ensure timely submissions that comply with the relevant agency and university guidelines
- Provide exemplary support to the BU research community through the provision of expert guidance related to grants and awards, best practices in research administration, and partnership development
- Coordinate research partnerships and funding opportunities with Brandon University research centres, institutes, and groups
- Facilitate and deliver workshops and information sessions for faculty members and students to increase awareness of relevant funding opportunities and improve grant success
- Identify, promote, and facilitate potential funding opportunities to support research projects, partnerships, and collaborations
- Identify and promote student research awards and scholarships and facilitate the application process
- Outreach to facilitate and maintain strategic research partnerships with external agencies and the community, acting as a liaison between partners, funders, researchers, and the institution
- Coordinate the preparation of research award nominations to external organizations for recognition of faculty member achievements
- Organize networking events to connect researchers with industry partners
- Work with key stakeholders within the University, such as the Associate Vice-President (Research), Manager of Research Services, deans, researchers, students, and staff
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years experience working in an academic research administrative setting
- Knowledge of Canadian research funding agencies and organizations and the opportunities available to universities
- Knowledge of research grant application procedures, funding guidelines, and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, with the ability to negotiate and advise effectively and respectfully in difficult situations
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while balancing competing deadlines, priorities, and multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in a high volume work environment where the work is varied and diverse, and new projects are often undertaken as time-sensitive and with unmoveable deadlines
- Ability to evaluate situations, recognize potential problems, and take actions to proactively resolve issues
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and sound judgement in decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Highly proficient computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational, planning, and coordination skills
This is a full-time, regular appointment under the classification of Managers and Professional Officers IV (MPO IV), with an annual salary range of $69,864.00 – $88,400.00, and will commence upon the earliest availability of the successful candidate.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, by e-mail to the Office of the Vice-President (Academic & Provost) at email@example.com. The deadline for application is October 25, 2019.
This position is subject to a Criminal Records Check.
The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This posting is available in an alternate format.