Residence Programming Coordinator
Applications must be received by September 25, 2018
Classification: Student Assistant III
Employee Group: PSAC
Job Title: Residence Programming Coordinator
Department: Residence Hall Programs Office
Wage or Salary: $12.85 per hour
Hours of Work: 12 hours per week
Start Date: October 1, 2018
Length of Appointment: October 1, 2018 to April 24, 2019
Number of Positions Available: One position available
Date Issued: September 11, 2018
- Creating a welcoming residence check-in environment.
- Distributing residence information using social media, posters, and information stations to efficiently and effectively welcome residents in September and January.
- Assisting in the preparation of residence services for the check-in period. This will include preparation, delivery, and installation of residence rented services, such as internet, cable, fridges, and potentially other items.
- Working with Residence Council members in the planning and delivery of programming that enhances and encourages student engagement: including academic related programming and social/developmental programming.
- Helping to plan, coordinate, and attend numerous events, most of which will take place after normal working hours. Weekend work will regularly be required.
- Meeting regularly with the Director of the Residence Hall Programs Office (RHPO), the Residence Assistants, and various residence student councils, committees, and groups for planning, organizing, and evaluation purposes.
- Assisting the RHPO with tours and activities aimed at marketing the residence and increasing residence student engagement.
- and other related duties as assigned.
Applicants must satisfy a number of requirements that include the following:
- Live in residence, at normal room and board rates, maintain full-time student status, for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well with peers and an acceptable level of maturity. Demonstrated ability to influence in a positive manner the behavior of other people.
- Academic proficiency as demonstrated by a high grade point average: preferably 3.0 or greater. The RPC must function as an academic and behavioral role model for other residents.
- The RPC is not permitted to hold any residence government (other than Inter-Residence Chairperson) or major Student Union positions, or play on any of the University teams that have a schedule of field trips requiring frequent absences from campus.
- Residence living experience of one year or more in Brandon University residence.
Interested applicants can submit a resume and a letter detailing their qualifications to:
Derek Booth, Acting Residence Manager, Residence Hall Programs Office Main Floor, McMaster Hall
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com.This posting is available in an alternate format.