Residence Programming Coordinator
Applications must be received by March 2, 2020****
Classification: Student Assistant III
Employee Group: PSAC
Job Title: Residence Programming Coordinator
Department: Residence Hall Programs Office
Wage or Salary: $12.98 per hour
Hours of Work: 18 hours per week
Start Date: August 27,2020
Length of Appointment: August 27, 2020-April 23,2021
Number of Positions Available: Two
Date Issued: February 14, 2020
- Creating a welcoming residence check-in environment.
- Promoting academic skills activities utilizing resources from the
- Department of Student Services, and liaising with Indigenous Peoples Center, International Activities, and Student Accessibility Services to maximize their impact in the residence.
- Working with Residence Council members in the planning and delivery of programming that enhances and encourages student engagement: including academic related programming and social/developmental programming.
- Helping to plan, coordinate, and attend numerous events, most of which will take place after normal working hours.
- Weekend work will regularly be required.
Applicants must satisfy a number of requirements that include the following:
- Live in residence, at normal room and board rates, maintain full-time student status, for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well with peers and an acceptable level of maturity. Demonstrated ability to influence in a positive manner the behavior of other people.
- Academic proficiency as demonstrated by a high grade point average: preferably 3.0 or greater. The RPC must function as an academic and behavioral role model for other residents.
- The RPC is not permitted to hold any residence government (other than Inter-Residence Chairperson) or major Student Union positions, or play on any of the University teams that have a schedule of field trips requiring frequent absences from campus.
- Residence living experience of one year or more in Brandon University residence.
Interested applicants can submit a resume and a letter detailing their qualifications to:
Derek Booth, Acting Residence Manager, Residence Hall Programs Office Main Floor, McMaster Hall
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who
may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons,
racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and
permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. This starts with the hiring process. If you require an
accommodation during any phase of the evaluation process, please indicate it in your cover letter. All information received related to an
accommodation is kept confidential. To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, this posting is available
in an alternate format upon request.