Sessional Instructor Opportunity, Department of Anthropology, Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts is seeking a qualified sessional instructor to teach the following course at Brandon University.
Qualifications An MA, ABD, or PhD in Archaeology, or, Anthropology with a specialization in Archaeology.
Term Spring Session 2019
Salary: $12,410 (for this 6 credit hour course)
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
The Department of Anthropology at Brandon University is accepting applications for a Sessional Instructor to teach the six-week Archaeology Field School (12:342) in the 2019 Spring Session. The course involves one week of in-class instruction and 5 weeks of field work.
Additional qualifications include:
- Prior experience as an instructor or team manager on an archaeology field school.
- Demonstrated recent experience in archaeological artifact analysis, cataloguing, and report writing.
- Experience as a permit holder and primary investigator and/or team manager on an archaeological site.
- Qualified to apply for and hold a permit to excavate a heritage site and its artifacts in the Province of Manitoba.
- Demonstrated ability to excavate and interpret materials from a Precontact Indigenous archaeological site on the Northeastern Plains
- Familiarity with Manitoba legislation and its requirements for archaeological fieldwork, laboratory analysis, and artifact cataloguing, storage, and curation.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- First Aid certified.
Duties: Obtaining a site excavation permit; preparation and delivery of course material, transportation of students to and from field-site; preparation and delivery of assignments and tests, marking of student work, submission of grades to university officials, be available to regularly and as required meet with students; complete artifact analysis and cataloguing using the Brandon University ArchWizard computer program; write and submit the permit report to appropriate officials.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter, curriculum vita, a teaching statement, a sample field school course outline or prospectus and available evaluations of related teaching experience, proof of their citizenship status, and the names and contact information for three references, who only in the instance of shortlisting will be contacted.
These materials must be shared in one PDF document, and directed to the attention of Dr. Emma Varley, Chair, Anthropology Department. Submissions are welcomed by email to email@example.com The submission deadline is November 30, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest in applying for this position and advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This posting is available in an alternate format.
Issued: November 6, 2018