Note Taker – Student Accessibility Services
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on August 30, 2019
Classification: Student Assistant IV
Employee Group: PSAC
Job Title: Note Taker
Department: Student Accessibility Services/Student Services
Wage: $15.63 per hour
Hours of Work: Negotiable (4-6 hours per course per week)
Start Date: September 1, 2019
Number of Positions Available: 3
Length of Appointment: September 2019-April 2020
Date Issued: August 15 2019
Brandon University is seeking Note Takers to provide the following beginning in September 2019:
- Type spoken communication in the classroom onto a laptop. Everything that is heard will be captured in real time including: lectures, discussions, student questions/comments, presentations, and group activities;
- Edit lecture notes and clarify written material/information; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent listening skills and demonstrated ability to identify essential components of orally presented information;
- Strong note-taking skills;
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar, spelling and academic vocabulary;
- Communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Willingness to work flexible hours that correspond to student schedules; and
- Two years of coursework at the post-secondary level.
- Knowledge of course content is an asset.
Interested individuals should forward a resume and cover letter with names/contact information of three references to:
Morganna Malyon, Student Accessibility Services Associate
Room 106, A. E. McKenzie Building
Brandon University, 270-18th Street
Brandon, MB R7A 6A9
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com. This posting is available in an alternate format.