Student Assistant II – Department of Math and Computer Science
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 pm on December 31, 2019.
Classification: Student Assistant II
Employee Group: PSAC
Start Date: January 6, 2020
Date Issued: November 15, 2019
Hours of Work: 2 hours per week (total hours see below)
Length of Appointment: January 6 – April 3, 2020
Number of Positions: 8
Advise and assist in labs of Intro Statistics, Statistical Inference, Calculus I, and Linear Algebra I under some supervision and other related duties as assigned.
|Course||# positions||Expected hours per lab assistant|
|62:171 Intro Statistics||4||2 hours per week (total: up to 24 hours)|
|62:172 Statistical Inference||2||2 hours per week (total: up to 22 hours)|
|62:181 Calculus I||1||2 hours per week (total: up to 24 hours)|
|62:182 Linear Algebra I||1||2 hours per week (total: up to 22 hours)|
- Registered BU student
- Grade A or above in Intro Statistics or beyond (for Intro Statistics lab)
- Grade A or above in Statistical Inference or beyond (for Statistical Inference lab)
- Grade A or above in Calculus I or beyond (for Calculus I lab)
- Grade A or above in Linear Algebra I or beyond (for Linear Algebra I lab)
- Good overall academic standing
- Background in other advanced math courses is an asset
- Previous experience preferred
- Ability to help students with patience and enthusiasm
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
Please send your application with cover letter, resume of related work and volunteer experience, and an unofficial copy of your academic record to:
John Chen, Instructional Associate IV, Math and Computer Science Department Brandon University, Brandon, MB; R7A 6A9;
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This posting is available in an alternate format.