Student Assistant II – Department of Math & Computer Science
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on September 4, 2019.
Classification: Student Assistant II
Employee Group: PSAC
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Department: Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Hours of Work: 2 hours per week/total hours per position below
Start Date: September 9, 2019
Number of Positions Available: 9
Length of Appointment: to December 4, 2019
Date Issued: July 5, 2019
Advise and help in the labs of Intro Statistics, Calculus I, and Linear Algebra I courses under some supervision, and other related duties as assigned.
|Course||# positions||Expected hours per lab assistant|
|62:171 Intro Statistics||6||2 hours per week (total: up to 26 hours)|
|62:181 Calculus I||2||2 hours per week (total: up to 22 hours)|
|62:182 Linear Algebra I||1||2 hours per week (total: up to 22 hours)|
- Registered BU student
- Grade ‘A’ or above in Intro Statistics or upper Statistics course (for assisting with Intro Statistics lab)
- Grade ‘A’ or above in Calculus I or upper level Calculus course (for assisting with Calculus I lab)
- Grade ‘A’ or above in Linear Algebra I or upper level Linear Algebra course (for assisting with Linear Algebra lab)
- In good academic standing
- Solid background in advanced math courses is an asset
- Previous experience preferred
- Ability to help students with patience and enthusiasm
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
Please send your application with a cover letter, resume of related work and volunteer experience, and a copy of your academic transcript to:
John Chen, Instructional Associate IV, Math and Computer Science Department. Brandon University,
Brandon, MB; R7A 6A9; e-mail: email@example.com
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This posting is available in an alternate format.