Student Assistant II (Marker) – Department of Math & Computer Science
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on September 5, 2018.
Classification: Student Assistant II
Job Title: Marker
Employee Group: PSAC
Department: Math & Computer Science, Faculty of Science
Start Date: September 10, 2018
Date Issued: July 9, 2018
Hours of Work: 3 hours/week (from Sept. 10 to Dec. 10, 2018; total hours: see below)
Number of Positions Available: 14
Mark assignments and tests for Intro to Statistics, Calculus I, Linear Algebra I and other related duties as assigned.
|Course||# positions||Expected hours per markers|
|62:171 Intro Statistics||9||3 hours per week (total: 36 hours)|
|62:181 Calculus I||3||3 hours per week (total: 36 hours)|
|62:182 Linear Algebra I||2||3 hours per week (total: 36 hours)|
- Registered student in BU
- Grade A or above in Intro to Statistics course or beyond (for marking Intro Statistics course)
- Grade A or above in Calculus I course or beyond (for marking Calculus I course)
- Grade A or above in Linear Algebra I course or beyond (for marking Linear Algebra I course)
- Good grades in other courses taken
- Good background in other advanced math courses is a good asset
- Previous experience preferred
- Ability to follow the marking guide and scheme efficiently and precisely
- Ability to meet deadlines
Please send your application with a cover letter, resume of related work and volunteer experience, and your academic transcript to:
John Chen, Instructional Associate IV, Math and Computer Science Department. Brandon University, Brandon, MB; R7A 6A9; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com.This posting is available in an alternate format.