Student Assistant II – Math and Computer Science
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on December 31, 2018.
Classification: Student Assistant II
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Employee Group: PSAC
Department: Math & Computer Science, Faculty of Science
Start Date: January 7, 2019
Date Issued: November 15, 2018
Hours of Work: 2 hours per week
Number of Positions Available: 8
Advise and help in the lab of Intro Statistics, Statistical Inference, Calculus I, and Linear Algebra I courses under some supervision and other related duties as assigned.
|Course||# positions||Expected hours per lab assistant|
|62:171 Intro Statistics||4||2 hours per week (total: up to 26 hours)|
|62:172 Statistical Inference||2||2 hours per week (total: up to 26 hours)|
|62:181 Calculus I||1||2 hours per week (total: up to 24 hours)|
|62:182 Linear Algebra I||1||2 hours per week (total: up to 22 hours)|
- Registered BU student
- Minimum grade A in Intro Statistics or beyond (for assisting with Intro Statistics lab)
- Minimum grade A in Statistical Inference or beyond (for assisting with Statistical Inference lab)
- Minimum grade A in Calculus I or beyond (for assisting with Calculus I lab)
- Minimum grade A in Linear Algebra I or beyond (for assisting with Linear Algebra lab)
- Solid background in other advanced math courses is an asset
- Previous experience preferred
- Ability to help students with patience and enthusiasm
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
Please send your application with a cover letter, resume of related work and volunteer experience, and your academic transcript to:
John Chen, Instructional Associate IV, Math and Computer Science Department. Brandon University,
Brandon, MB; R7A 6A9; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com.This posting is available in an alternate format.