Student Assistant II – Math and Computer Science
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on December 31, 2018.
Classification: Student Assistant II
Job Title: Marker
Employee Group: PSAC
Department: Math & Computer Science, Faculty of Science
Start Date: January 7, 2019
Date Issued: November 15, 2018
Hours of Work: 3-4 hours per week for 11 weeks
Number of Positions Available: 12
Mark assignments and tests for Intro to Statistics, Statistical Inference; Calculus I; Linear Algebra I course and other related duties as assigned.
|Course||# positions||Expected hours per markers|
|62:171 Intro Statistics||6||3 hours per week (total: up to 36 hours)|
|62:172 Statistics Inference||3||4 hours per week (total: up to 40 hours)|
|62:181 Calculus I||1||3 hours per week (total: up to 36 hours)|
|62:182 Linear Algebra I||2||4 hours per week (total: up to 32 hours)|
- Registered student in BU
- Minimum grade A in Intro to Statistics course or beyond (for marking Intro Statistics)
- Minimum grade A in Statistical Inference course or beyond (for marking Statistical Inference)
- Minimum grade A in Calculus I course or beyond (for marking Calculus I)
- Minimum grade A in Linear Algebra I course or beyond (for marking Linear Algebra I)
- Background in other advanced math courses is an asset
- Previous experience preferred
- Be able to follow the marking guide and scheme efficiently and precisely and meet deadlines
Please send your application with a cover letter, resume of related work and volunteer experience, and your academic transcript to:
John Chen, Instructional Associate IV, Math and Computer Science Department. Brandon University,
Brandon, MB; R7A 6A9; e-mail: email@example.com
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This posting is available in an alternate format.