Student Assistant II – Mini-U Instructor
Classification: Student Assistant II
Employee group: PSAC
Job title: Instructor
Department: Mini University
Wage: $11.92 per hour
Hours of work: Between 15-40 hours/week, Monday to Friday
Start date: January 4, 2021 (or based on availability of candidates)
Number of positions available: Dependent upon funding and enrolment (approximately 2-6 spots)
Length of appointment: Jan. 4 to Aug. 31, 2021 (subject to camper enrolment and budget)
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis, with rolling interviews from January to June 2021.
Date issued: December 15, 2020
- Prepare and deliver lesson plans from a variety of courses for different age groups
- Supervise students to/from and during classes and during lunch
- Fill in for other instructors when absent
- Some light cleaning and physical duties (moving supplies, equipment, etc.)
- Assist admin. staff during busier times with camp registrations, attendance, supplies, administration and other paperwork
- Other related duties as assigned
- Being enrolled currently as a post-secondary student is preferred but not required
- Having previous knowledge of and experience with teaching/working with kids is a strong asset
- Having previous knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office is a strong asset
- Knowledge of or experience in the subject areas offered by Mini U is a strong asset (subjects like robotics, guitar, martial arts, sign language, coding, digital music, fine arts, archaeology, physical education, etc.
For more information on how to apply, visit http://miniu.brandonu.ca/jobs-at-mini-u/ or call 204-727-7311.
Successful candidates are given the voluntary option to disclose information based on one or more of protected grounds to fulfill the requirements associated with approved grant funding for Mini University.
Successful candidates are responsible for completing and submitting the following to Mini University: 1) Child Abuse Registry check; 2) Criminal Record check; 3) Valid Emergency-level CPR/First Aid certification (adult/child/infant). All fees paid to obtain said documentation are at the applicant’s expense.