Student Assistant III – Department of Math and Computer Science
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 pm on December 31, 2019.
Classification: Student Assistant III
Employee Group: PSAC
Start Date: January 20, 2020
Date Issued: November 15, 2019
Hours of Work: 3 hours per week for 10 weeks (up to 30 hours)
Length of Appointment: January 20 – April 3, 2020
Number of Positions: 3
- Help Brandon University students from every faculty on campus with math related questions;
- Assist with the development and application of basic math skills used in a variety of disciplines;
- Help BU students in first and second year math courses, including Calculus I to IV, Statistics, Statistical Inference, Applied Statistics; Linear Algebra I, Applied Linear Algebra, and Set Theory.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Registered student at BU majoring in Mathematics
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to help students understand the concepts with patience and enthusiasm;
- Ability to work with little or no supervision;
- Previous experience as a laboratory assistant in the Math department is an asset.
Please send your application with cover letter, resume of related work and volunteer experience, and an unofficial copy of your academic record to:
John Chen, Instructional Associate IV, Math and Computer Science Department Brandon University, Brandon, MB; R7A 6A9;
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com.This posting is available in an alternate format.