Student Assistant III – Department of Math and Computer Science
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 pm on December 31, 2019.
Classification: Student Assistant III
Employee Group: PSAC
Start Date: January 6, 2020
Date Issued: November 15, 2019
Hours of Work: 2-2.5 hours per week (total hours see below)
Length of Appointment: January 6 – April 3, 2020
Number of Positions: 5
Advise and assist in the labs of Computer Science II, Discrete Structures/Programming and Calculus II courses under some supervision and other related duties as assigned.
|Course||# positions||Expected hours per lab assistant|
|62:161 Computer Science II||2||2.5 hours per week (total: up to 27.5 hours)|
|62:206 Discrete Struct/Prog||1||2 hours per week (total: up to 24 hours)|
|62:191 Calculus II||2||2 hours per week (total: up to 24 hours)|
- Registered student at BU
- Grade A or above in Computer Science II, good knowledge of TextPad, JDK; strong programming skills in Java, Java Applet. Good understanding of OOP, data structure (for Computer Science II lab)
- Grade A or above in Discrete Struct/Prog, strong programming skills in Java. Good understanding of OOP, data structure (for Discrete Structures/Programming lab)
- Grade A or above in Calculus II (for Calculus II lab)
- Good overall academic standing
- Previous experience preferred
- Ability to help students with enthusiasm
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
Please send your application with cover letter, resume of related work and volunteer experience, and an unofficial copy of your academic record to:
John Chen, Instructional Associate IV, Math and Computer Science Department Brandon University, Brandon, MB; R7A 6A9;
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This posting is available in an alternate format.