Student Assistant III – Math and Computer Science
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on December 31, 2018.
Classification: Student Assistant III
Job Title: Math Study Hall Assistant
Employee Group: PSAC
Department: Math & Computer Science, Faculty of Science
Start Date: January 14, 2019
Date Issued: November 15, 2018
Hours of Work: 2-4 hours per week for 11 weeks
Number of Positions Available: 3
- Help Brandon University students from every faculty on campus with math related questions;
- Assist with the development and application of basic math skills used in a variety of disciplines;
- Help BU students in first and second year math courses, including Calculus I to IV, Statistics, Statistical Inference, Applied Statistics; Linear Algebra I, Applied Linear Algebra, Set Theory, etc.;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Registered student in BU;
- Majoring in mathematics and possessing good communication skills;
- Ability to help students understand the concepts with patience and enthusiasm;
- Ability to work with no or very little supervision;
- Being punctual on the designated time slot;
- Experience as a laboratory assistant in the math department will be a definite asset.
Please send your application with a cover letter, resume of related work and volunteer experience, and your academic transcript to:
John Chen, Instructional Associate IV, Math and Computer Science Department. Brandon University,
Brandon, MB; R7A 6A9; e-mail: email@example.com
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This posting is available in an alternate format.