Student Assistant III (Marker) – Department of Math & Computer Science
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on September 5, 2018.
Classification: Student Assistant III
Job Title: Marker
Employee Group: PSAC
Department: Math & Computer Science, Faculty of Science
Start Date: September 10, 2018
Date Issued: July 9, 2018
Hours of Work: 3 to 9 hours/week (from Sept. 10 to Dec. 5, 2018; total hours: see below)
Number of Positions Available: 4 or 5
Mark assignments, quizzes, tests and midterm for Computer Science I, Discrete Struct/Prog, Set Theory & Logic, Calculus III courses and other related duties as assigned.
|Course||# positions||Expected hours per lab assistant|
|62: 160 Computer Science I||1-2||4-9 hours per week (total: 108 hours)|
|62: 206 Discrete Struct/Prog||1||3 hours per week (total: 36 hours)|
|62: 261 Set Theory & Logic||1||3 hour per week (total: 36 hours)|
|62: 290 Calculus III||1||3 hours per week (total: 36 hours)|
- Registered student in BU and majoring or minoring in Computer Science
- Grade A or above in Computer Science I and II (for marking Computer Science I course)
- Grade A or above in Discrete Struct/Prog (for marking Discrete Struct/Prog course)
- Grade A or above in Set Theory & Logic (for marking Set Theory & Logic course)
- Grade A or above in Calculus III (for marking Calculus III course)
- Good grades in other courses taken
- Previous experience preferred
- Ability to follow the marking guide and scheme efficiently and precisely
- Ability to meet deadlines
Please send your application with a cover letter, resume of related work and volunteer experience, and your academic transcript to:
John Chen, Instructional Associate IV, Math and Computer Science Department. Brandon University, Brandon, MB; R7A 6A9; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com.This posting is available in an alternate format.