Student Assistant III – Department of Math & Computer Science
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on September 4, 2019.
Classification: Student Assistant III
Employee Group: PSAC
Job Title: Advisor
Department: Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Hours of Work: 3 hours per week/total hours up to 33
Start Date: September 16, 2019
Number of Positions Available: 3
Length of Appointment: to December 4, 2019
Date Issued: July 5, 2019
- Help Brandon University students from every faculty on campus with math related questions;
- Assist with the development and application of basic math skills used in a variety of disciplines;
- Help BU students in first and second year math courses, including Calculus I to IV, Statistics, Statistical Inference, Linear Algebra I and II, Applied Linear Algebra, Set Theory, etc.;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Registered student at BU;
- Major in mathematics and possess good communication skills;
- Able to help students understand the concepts with patience and enthusiasm;
- Ability to work with little or no supervision;
- Previous experience as a laboratory assistant in the math department is an asset.
Please send your application with a cover letter, resume of related work and volunteer experience, and a copy of your academic transcript to:
John Chen, Instructional Associate IV, Math and Computer Science Department. Brandon University,
Brandon, MB; R7A 6A9; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com.This posting is available in an alternate format.