Student Assistant III – Math and Computer Science
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on December 31, 2018.
Classification: Student Assistant III
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Employee Group: PSAC
Department: Math & Computer Science, Faculty of Science
Start Date: January 7, 2019
Date Issued: November 15, 2018
Hours of Work: 2-2.5 hours per week
Number of Positions Available: 5
Advise and help in the labs of Computer Science II, Discrete Struct/Prog; Calculus II courses under some supervision and other related duties as assigned.
|Course||# positions||Expected hours per lab assistant|
|62: 161 Computer Science II||2||2.5 hours per week (total: up to 27.5 hours)|
|62: 206 Discrete Struct/Prog||1||2 hours per week (total: up to 24 hours)|
|62: 191 Calculus II||2||2 hours per week (total: up to 24 hours)|
- Registered student at BU
- Minimum grade A in Computer Science II, good knowledge of Microsoft Office, TextPad, JDK; strong programming skills in Java, JavaFX, Java Applet. Good understanding of OOP, data structure, network, database, web applications (for assisting with Computer Science II lab)
- Minimum grade A in Discrete Struct/Prog, strong programming skills in Java, good understanding of OOP and data structure (for assisting with Discrete Struct/Prog lab)
- Minimum grade A in Calculus II (for assisting with Calculus II lab)
- Previous experience preferred
- Ability to help students with enthusiasm
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
Please send your application with a cover letter, resume of related work and volunteer experience, and your academic transcript to:
John Chen, Instructional Associate IV, Math and Computer Science Department. Brandon University,
Brandon, MB; R7A 6A9; e-mail: email@example.com
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This posting is available in an alternate format.