Student Assistant IV – Department of Math & Computer Science
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on September 11, 2019 or until position is filled.
Classification: Student Assistant IV
Employee Group: PSAC
Job Title: Group Peer Tutor
Department: Department of Math & Computer Science
Hours of Work: 15 hours
Start Date: September 17, 2019
Number of Positions Available: 1
Length of Appointment: to December 4, 2019
Course title and number: 62:171 and 62:173
Date Issued: September 4, 2019
- Help students enrolled in 62.171 Intro to Statistics with questions arising from class material, assigned practice, or review
- Assist with the development and application of statistical concepts and basic math skills
- Other related duties as assigned
- Students majoring in mathematics with good communication skills
- Ability to help students understand statistics concepts with patience and enthusiasm
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Prior experience as a statistics lab assistant in the Math department is an asset.
Please send your application with a cover letter and resume of related work and volunteer experience to:
Paola Di Muro – Professional Associate III
Mathematics and Computer Science Department
270 18th Street
Brandon, MB R7A6A9
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This posting is available in an alternate format.