Teaching Assistant – Faculty of Education
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Classification: Research Assistant IV
Employee Group: PSAC
Wage or Salary: $21.59 per hour
Department: Faculty of Education
Start Date: June 15, 2018
Length of Appointment: Approx. 6 weeks (80 hours total)
Course Title and number: 04.748 Autism and Education
Date Issued: May 16, 2018
This is a distance education opportunity for graduate students. The successful applicant will be responsible for working under the direction of Dr. Patty Douglas within her Education and Autism graduate seminar. The seminar runs from July 3-July 23, 2018. Duties begin June 15th and include: setting up and managing the Moodle site for the course; becoming familiar with course readings; attending and assisting with Zoom seminars (July 7, 14, 21 -10am-12 noon, Central Time); ongoing communication with students during the course; marking assignments and providing feedback to students; and other related duties as assigned.
- Hold a graduate degree (minimum Master’s level) related to inclusive education, disability studies and/or critical autism studies approaches to disability, autism and education
- Experience as a teaching assistant at the graduate level
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
- Have outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Have excellent planning and organizational skills
- Have a high level of computer experience with Internet applications. Experience with Moodle or similar platform is an asset.
Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter and c.v. to:
Dr. Heather Duncan, Dean of Education
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 firstname.lastname@example.org.This posting is available in an alternate format.