Tenure-Track Position, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy, Faculty of Education
The Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy invites applications for a tenure-track position in the area of science education. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching Middle and Senior Years’ science education courses at the undergraduate level. At the graduate level, responsibilities include teaching science and curriculum-focused courses in the M.Ed. Program and supervision of graduate thesis students. Candidates will have an active or emerging research agenda, publications, and service in the area of science education.
Through its undergraduate and graduate programs and community-engaged scholarship, the Faculty of Education at Brandon University strives to provide an inclusive, student-centered learning environment that empowers exceptional teachers, researchers, and community leaders. Our focus is on personal, innovative, and authentic education in partnership with the communities we serve. The Faculty of Education attracts urban, rural, northern, Indigenous and international students, and is committed to the core values of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Earned doctorate in education or a related field (candidates who have a master’s degree and are currently enrolled in a doctoral program may also be considered)
- Familiarity with the K-12 science curriculum
- Evidence of successful teaching in the K-12 system
- An active or developing research agenda in the area of curriculum and pedagogy
- A commitment to teamwork and service within the faculty, university, and to developing relationships with the broader K-12 community
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Evidence of successful teaching at the post-secondary level
- Demonstrated leadership in the area of science education
- Commitment to addressing contemporary issues in the field of science education such as Indigenous epistemologies, ecojustice and sustainability, culturally-responsive approaches, creating STEAM/STEM makerspaces in educational contexts, inquiry-based curriculum approaches, and gender representation in the field
Rank and Salary:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Review of applications will begin March 15, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
Submit the following in a single PDF file: a) a letter of application; b) Curriculum Vitae; c) post-secondary transcripts (can be unofficial); d) names and contact information for three referees to:
Dr. Heather Duncan
Dean, Faculty of Education
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or email@example.com.This posting is available in an alternate format.
DATE ISSUED: FEBRUARY 6, 2020