Tenure-Track Position, Department of Educational Psychology and Student Services, Faculty of Education
The Department of Educational Psychology and Student Services invites applications for a tenure-track position. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching Early, Middle, and Senior Years’ courses focused on educational psychology at the undergraduate level. At the graduate level, responsibilities include teaching inclusive education or counselling focused courses in the M.Ed. Program and supervision of graduate thesis students. Candidates will have an active or emerging research agenda, publications, and service in an area appropriate to their specialization within the field of education.
Through its undergraduate and graduate programs and community-engaged scholarship, the Faculty of Education at Brandon University strives to provide an inclusive, student-centered learning environment that empowers exceptional teachers, researchers, and community leaders. Our focus is on personal, innovative, and authentic education in partnership with the communities we serve. The Faculty of Education attracts urban, rural, northern, Indigenous and international students and is committed to the core values of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Earned doctorate in inclusive education, educational/school psychology, counselling or a related field (candidates who have a master’s degree and are currently enrolled in a doctoral program may also be considered)
- Experience working or teaching in the K-12 education system
- An active or developing research agenda in a related field
- A commitment to teamwork and service within the faculty, university, and developing relationships with the broader K-12 community
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Evidence of successful teaching at the post-secondary level
- Knowledge of educational assessment
- Commitment to addressing contemporary issues such as Indigenous epistemologies, culturally-responsive teaching approaches, and inclusive education
Rank and Salary:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Review of applications will begin March 15, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
Please submit the following in a single PDF file: a) Letter of application including your teaching philosophy and current and future research agenda; b) Curriculum Vitae; c) Transcripts (can be unofficial); d) Names and contact information for three referees to:
Dr. Heather Duncan
Dean, Faculty of Education
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting is available in an alternate format.
DATE ISSUED: FEBRUARY 6,2020