Women’s Basketball Head Coach, Tenure Track Position
The Head Coach leads the organization and administration of the women’s Basketball program along with the recruitment and training of student-athletes. The Head Coach also assumes other responsibilities including a key role in the promotion of the program, fundraising, alumni relations and community development. Depending upon qualifications, the incumbent will be assigned teaching or other professional responsibilities/administrative duties.
Rank: Typically U Sports Coach however, other applicable BUFA ranks may be considered.
• Academic qualifications are, a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred;
• Level III NCCP Certification in Basketball required;
• Strong leadership and communication skills;
• Experience in recruitment and fundraising would be an asset;
• Strong organizational skills to manage all program components;
• Demonstrated skills/ability in problem solving and exercising good judgment, taking initiative, as well as maintaining tact and composure in a highly competitive environment;
• Relevant teaching experience would be an asset;
• Experience at the college, university or professional level would be an asset;
Salary: As determined by the Brandon University Faculty Association Collective Agreement
Tentative Start Date: July 2021
Application Deadline: Please submit a letter of application outlining your coaching philosophy and how your interests and experience may align with the teaching and/or administrative elements of this role; curriculum vitae; evidence of Citizenship or Permanent Residency, and the contact information of three references by May 11, 2021 to Scott Lamont, Vice-President Administration & Finance at email@example.com
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. This starts with the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during any phase of the evaluation process, please indicate it in your cover letter. All information received related to an accommodation is kept confidential. To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, this posting is available in an alternate format upon request.
Posted April 13, 2021