Department Chair/Coordinator Resources
The Department Chair/Coordinator plays an integral role in advancing the interests and vision of their department for their programs and students. The Department Chairperson/Coordinator at Brandon University:
- coordinates, facilitates, and expedites matters pertaining to the operation of the department/program,
- ensures departmental/program policy decisions are carried out,
- and demonstrates initiative and leadership in the conduct of department/program business.
Resources & Links
Each faculty and department will have processes or approaches to work that vary, given their unique areas of focus. There are, however, certain processes that serve a collective purpose and to be able to achieve the desired outcome, clarity around what needs to happen and by whom is essential.
This page offers at-a-glance links and resources in support of the Department Chair/Coordinator. If you require more in-depth support, however, these cannot replace the value of:
- conversation with your Dean/Director and colleagues
- referencing the BUFA collective agreement and relevant policies
Department Chair – Important Dates & Actions (By Process)
Department Chair Calendar – Important Dates & Actions (By Month)
BUFA Collective Agreement, Memorandums of Understanding, Memorandums of Agreement
Sessional Instructor Recruitment Checklist
This page is maintained by the Learning & Organizational Development Office, in partnership with the BUFA Member Services Office.
Contact Erica at firstname.lastname@example.org or Shari at email@example.com.