Credit Recital Policies
Credit Recitals at Brandon University School of Music are curricular components which are designed to develop students’ professional performance skills. In addition, credit recitals are designed to develop those skills of preparation, organization and promotion associated with professional performance.
Brandon University students who have registered, or wish to register, for a Credit Recital should be aware of the following requirements and procedures:
- Registration is limited to students who have been admitted to the Performance Degree Program or, if registered in a different School of Music degree program, those who have been given permission on the recommendation of their Applied Jury in the semester-end jury prior to their intended registration.
- In consultation with the student’s teacher and with the School of Music Office, a recital date and venue should be scheduled. Scheduling may be facilitated by utilizing the on-line services of the School of Music and the links to the Lorne Watson Recital Hall booking page. Students are encouraged to make arrangements as far in advance as possible. If the selected venue is not the Lorne Watson Recital Hall, please check with the School of Music Office for any conflicts.
- A Credit Recital Form must be submitted to the School of Music Office at least five weeks before the intended recital date. Recitals may not be scheduled later than the end of the examination period in any term. The form must be signed by the student, jurors, teacher and Chair of the Performance Department and must include the intended repertoire and timings.
- A second juror will be suggested by the Instructor and the second juror’s signature will be obtained by the Student.
- Students will normally be provided confirmation of their proposed recital date within
three weeks. Some recital dates and times may be restricted due to the availability of faculty jurors.
- The complete recital program, including repertoire, names of collaborating artists, and other program information should be should be emailed within two weeks of the recital. (email your program to the office staff).
- Arrangements for a concert assistant and for recording must be made in advance, in accordance with Lorne Watson Recital Hall booking policy. The booking policy is available on-line: School of Music/Policies/Lorne Watson Recital Hall.
Procedures for scheduling Credit Recitals
- Registration for credit recitals should occur prior to the term of the intended performance. Under no circumstances will
registration for credit recitals be permitted after “last date for registration:” as stated in the General Calendar. In addition, all dates and procedures listed in the Calendar with regard to withdrawal, uncompleted work, non-payment of fees, etc., apply to credit recitals.
- All registrations for credit recitals require the signature of the Chair of the Performance Department on the registration form.
- As soon as possible, and no later than five weeks prior to the proposed recital date, the student, with approval of his or her teacher, secures a date and time through the Office. At the same time, the student submits the Credit Recital Form, signed by the student’s teacher and juror, to the Chair of the Performance Department.
- The student should complete the Internal Booking Form for the Lorne Watson Recital Hall, after checking the availability of the hall on the website calendar. The form must be emailed to email@example.com at least 2 weeks prior to the recital.
Recital Procedures for Graduate Music Students
- Please visit this page for Graduate Recital Procedures
Arranging non-credit noon hour recitals
The student must check the availability on the website calendar, of the Lorne Watson Recital Hall and complete the Internal Booking Form to book a time for the hall. The form must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least four weeks prior to the recital.
Students requesting recording services
The Student must check the availability on the website calendar, of the Lorne Watson Recital Hall and complete the Internal Booking Form to book a time for the hall. Please outline on the form your requst for recording, lighting, piano requests and back stage assistants. The form must be emailed to email@example.com at least four weeks prior to the recital.