Large Ensemble Library Policies
Large Ensemble Library
- Users of the Large Ensemble Library are to file the appropriate request form with the Student librarian.
- Materials of School of Music ensembles will then be checked out to the Student Librarian responsible for the Ensemble. They will not be checked out to the Faculty member responsible for the ensemble.
- Materials for non-University groups will be checked out to the conductor.
- Any School of Music Faculty member may gain access to the Library by checking out a key from the Music Office.
- Community group conductors (who are not Faculty members) may gain access to the Library by making arrangements with the Student Librarian — who must accompany them when they are in the Library.
- All others requiring entry to the Library must have written permission from the Dean of Music. They must be accompanied by the Student Librarian when they peruse materials.
- Please note that absolutely no material is to leave the Library unless it is checked out by the Student Librarian.
- Only those requiring regular weekly access to the Large Ensemble Library will be issued a key (i.e. Student Librarian and the Faculty member responsible for the collection). All others must follow the procedures outlined above.