The City of Brandon will be repaving Louise Avenue from 18th Street to 23rd Street on Tuesday, Oct. 8. This is expected to start as early as 7 a.m. and will take all day. We have met with the City, and are attempting to minimize disruption to parking, pedestrians and campus access. Here’s what you need to know:
- There will be No Parking along Louise Avenue tomorrow. It will be signed. Vehicles will be towed tomorrow morning if they are left on Louise Avenue. This extends from 18th Street to 23rdStreet.
- Access to and across Louise Avenue will be restricted all day. Please watch for and obey all signs and flagpeople. This will change throughout the day as portions of the road are paved, then cool. Your morning will be different than your afternoon.
- Access to Lot 10 (parking lot east of the HLC) should be maintained throughout the day, although expect delays and detours. You will only be able to access Lot 10 from the direction of 18th Street.
- If you prefer, Lot 10 permit holders can instead use overflow parking in Lot 5 or Lot 6 without risk of being ticketed. These lots are located at the corner of Princess Avenue and 20th Street.
- Pedestrian crossings of Louise Avenue will be restricted, and are at the discretion of paving crews, depending on paving progress. Obey the directions of flagpeople, as freshly-laid pavement is extremely hot. Expect to cross at 18th Street.
- Side streets, including 20th Street, 21st Street, and 22nd Street, will be Local Traffic Only.
Paving should be complete within one day, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you are able, you may wish to seek an alternative way of getting to campus.