No mid-term changes to Covid protocols
February 14, 2022
On Friday, Feb. 11, the province of Manitoba announced its intentions to proceed with lifting COVID restrictions between now and mid-March. We want to reassure you that BU has no plan to further disrupt your Winter Term with any changes to our own broader COVID protocols this term.
- As we announced in December, classes of 25 or fewer will be held in person as of February 28. We have no plans to increase the number of students permitted in any given in-person class, and larger classes will remain online.
- Smaller classes may return to in-person earlier. Some already have.
- We are not changing our vaccine policy. Vaccination is required to come to campus.
- We are not changing our masking requirements. Masks must be worn indoors at BU.
- We are not increasing capacity limits or reducing physical distancing.
We are committed to as smooth a term as possible, which includes giving you the confidence that you can count on finishing the term the way you planned.
While we continue to assess our longer-term Covid strategy, no major changes to our policies will take place this academic term.