- For life threatening and emergency situations – call 911.
- On campus call extension 700 (204-727-9700 off campus) or extension 620 (204-727-9620).
Workplace Health and Safety
- Report accidents and injuries to the Safety & Health Officer (on campus call 389 or email her at email@example.com).
- Ergonomic assessments.
- Building inspections.
- WHMIS training.
- Asbestos management program.
Building Maintenance (Getting things Fixed)
- For maintenance requests and inquiries call 204-727-9620 for 24 hour maintenance response for items that cannot wait until the next business day.
- A staff of qualified tradesmen including carpenters, electricians, power engineers, painter and plumber are available.
- Our mission is to provide healthy, safe and comfortable living, working and educational environment.
- Maintain buildings, grounds, and parking lots.
- Operate, maintain and repair equipment.
- Perform small construction projects.
- Heat is provided to the campus by a low pressure steam plant run by qualified 3rd, 4th, and 5th class Power Engineers.
- The Steam Plant runs on gas and in the event of a shortage has a back up system run on heating oil.
- Electricity is supplied by Manitoba Hydro and is metered to the buildings as required. Electricity also includes on-site emergency power generation.
- Air conditioning, heat and electricity is supplied and maintained by university maintenance staff.
- For inquiries and requests call 204-727-9620.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the interior of all campus buildings including offices, classrooms, residences, dining hall, library and gym.
- For cleaning services call 204-727-9620.
- Maintenance of the grounds of the campus.
- Responsible for the planting of flowers in the Spring, lawn-care, weeding and hedge maintenance in the Summer.
- Responsible for snow removal on steps, walkways, driveways and parking lots in the winter.
- For requests and inquiries call 204-727-9620.
- Keys, key access cards and keying records are kept and maintained in the Physical Plant.
- Keys are issued only by request of the Dean or Director of the building or space involved and at the discretion of the Director of the Physical Plant.
Capital Project Management
- Provides estimates for most types of buildings and equipment renovations.
- Provides lay outs and floor plans.
- Provides coordination of contractors on campus and overseeing of engineering and architectural consultants.
- Provides commissioning and project close out and project costing.
Room Booking On Campus
|Building||Room||Contact Person for Booking||Phone|
|Clark Hall/Original Building||Room 427||Kristen Fisher, President’s Office||204-727-9714|
|Clark Hall/Original Building||Room 104||Lisa Murray, Faculty of Arts||204-727-9780|
|Clark Hall/Original Building||Classrooms||Shari Maguire, Faculty of Arts||204-727-9790|
|Evans Theater||Shari Maguire, Faculty of Arts||204-727-9790|
|Health Studies||Christine Rempel, Faculty of Health Studies||204-571-8569|
|Health Studies||Room 141 ONLY||Judy Ramsay, Dean’s Office||204-727-7459|
|Queen Elizabeth II||Lorne Watson Recital Hall||https://www.brandonu.ca/music/places/lorne-watson-hall/|
|Queen Elizabeth II||All other rooms||Terry Stamper for internal bookings||204-727-7438|
|McKenzie||Suzanne Letain, Dean’s Office||204-727-9739|
|McKenzie||Indigenous Peoples Center room 101||Indigenous Peoples’ Centre & Aboriginal Initiatives||204-727-7443|
|McKenzie||Room 003 (only)||Shari Maguire, Faculty of Arts||204-727-9790|
|McKenzie||Library Heritage room 004 (only)||Shari Maguire, Faculty of Arts||204-727-9790|
|McMaster Hall||Meeting rooms A and B||Cindy Sisson and Kailin MacRae, Ancillary Office||204-727-9761 or 204-727-7394|
|McMaster Hall||Louis Riel Room||Koren Hamilton, Food Services||204-727-9670|
|Knowles Douglas||BUSU Office Assistant||204-727-9660|
|J. R. Brodie Science||Betty Peloquin, Dean’s Office||204-727-9624|
|J. R. Brodie Science||Emergency Operations Lab in Down Under||Betty Peloquin, Dean’s Office||204-727-9624|
|Jeff Umphrey||Kevin deForext||204-571-8561|
|Sutherland Art Gallery||Kevin deForest||204-571-8561|
|HLC and Henry Champ Gymnasium||Maureen Bonar||204-571-7887|
|HLC and Henry Champ Gymnasium||Corrie Ransom||204-727-9642|
|Campus Grounds||Susan Smale||204-727-9723|