Please check back for an update on our 2018/2019 check-in procedures.
September 2017 Residence Check-In
Residence check-in is fast approaching! Before you arrive, please take a moment to view our Residence Checklist for tips on what to bring and what NOT to bring. Students may check in as early as 10:00 a.m., Wednesday, August 30, 2017.
Residence check-in takes place at the Ancillary Services/Residence Office located on the Main Floor of McMaster Hall. See our campus map for directions.
- Refer to the campus map. Park on Louise Avenue, or 20th Street, or Parking Lot 1 (to the North of McMaster Hall). Go to the Ancillary Services/Residence Office.
- If you’ve prepaid your first term residence charges, you’ll immediately receive your room key and ID card. You’re ready to move in!
- If you’ve only paid your room deposit, after seeing the staff in the Residence Office you must visit the Financial & Registration Services Office, located on the 2nd floor of Clark Hall, to pay your first term residence charges. Students awaiting student loans, scholarships, or other forms of funding must pay a minimum of $850 to their room and board account before they will be permitted to check into residence.
- Once your first term charges (or the minimum of $850) is paid, you will then be able to obtain your student ID card. This ID card is very important while you are living on-campus, as it allows you into your hall and has your meal plan funds loaded onto it.
Notes on prepayment
- Prepayment of your residence account usually ensures your meal plan money is loaded onto your card prior to your arrival.
- Prepaid residence students can have their ID cards prepared in advance to make residence check-in even more efficient.
- If you’re paying at check-in, you may experience a delay in getting funds uploaded to your student account due to the volume of transactions experienced at any time. Be prepared for a delay by bringing along some cash to use in the main dining room.