COVID-19 Updates in Residence
Residence Check Out Procedure
Updated: March 29, 2020
Brandon University is committed to the health and safety of its students, staff and faculty. In an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19, we have had to make some difficult decisions.
The university required all students to move out of residences by Sunday, March 22 at 5:00 p.m.
We recognize how disruptive this will be as you move out of the space you’ve called home and we’re committed to supporting you through this process.
The information below will guide you through the check-out procedure.
Only under exceptional circumstances will students be permitted to remain in residence beyond Sunday, March 22, 2020. Students should consider all options, including staying with relatives or friends.
Students who may be able to remain in residence include:
- International students;
- Out-of-province students who need extra time to move out;
- Students who live more than five hours away from campus; and
- Students who are currently self-isolating.
To advise of or see whether your situation warrants an exception or if you require additional assistance, please contact the Residence Office Immediately at email@example.com
If you are staying in residence beyond March 22, click here for further resources.
All students must complete a full and proper checkout. Before you leave, please:
- Remove all belongings and ensure you room is tidy
- THERE WILL BE NO ON-CAMPUS STORAGE THIS YEAR.
- YOU MUST REMOVE ALL BELONGINGS AT TIME OF CHECKOUT.
- Take out garbage
- Close windows
- Turn off taps (Flora and McMaster)
- Turn off lights
- If you have a rented fridge, remove all items and unplug it. Fridge can be left in the room
- Check your mailbox
- Lock your door
- Complete the Check-Out form at http://tiny.cc/BUresidenceCHECKOUT20
IT IS IMPERATIVE YOU COMPLETE THIS FORM. If you require a paper copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one will be delivered to your room.
- In the envelope provided, insert your student card, mail and room key/fob. Seal it and drop it in the Drop Box located outside the Ancillary Services Office on the main floor of McMaster Hall.
Please refer to COVID-19 Pro-rated Refunds.
Please note that Harvest Hall will remain open daily from 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 22nd. Food Services will then move to the Down Under starting on Monday, March 23 from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Please watch for continuous updates.
Please treat each other with kindness and respect during this stressful time. We understand that this is a difficult and disruptive experience and we appreciate your patience and cooperation. We will do our best to support you in this transition.
- If you have additional questions, please see our FAQ at https://www.brandonu.ca/residence/current-residents/covid-19-updates-in-residence/covid-19-residence-move-out-faq/
- For ongoing updates and more information about Brandon University’s response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, visit https://www.brandonu.ca/safety/coronavirus/