COVID-19 Current Resident Student Updates
Brandon University Residence Update – Responding to COVID-19
In order to keep our staff and students safe, for the spring and summer months, Brandon University Residence will move to an apartment-style type of living, effective Sunday, March 29, 2020.
What does this mean?
- Student Residence programming will not be offered
- You are still expected to follow all residence rules and procedures (e.g. quiet hours, fire alarms etc.) as outlined in the Residence Agreement and Residence Handbook.
- Down Under remains open for you to purchase food
- Paladin Security will be doing nightly rounds
- Call the Residence Manager at +1 (204) 724-5987 for any questions, issues, concerns, or emergencies that you would have called the RA Cell Phone for.
We know these are very unusual circumstances and we appreciate your patience and understanding. The situation continues to change, and as we continue to receive guidance or new requirements from the authorities, our response may continue to change as well. We are here to support you. Please reach out at ANY TIME with questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please continue to check your BU emails for any updates from the Residence and Ancillary Offices. Katie Gross, the Dean of Students, will also be sending weekly emails to answer questions, provide resources and check on your well-being.
Between April 1-14th, the Ancillary Office will be open from 10 am to 3 pm.
If our office is not open and you need immediate assistance, you can call:
Derek Booth, Acting Residence Manager: +1 (204) 724-5987 (Cell Phone)
Jackie Nichol, Ancillary Services Manager: +1 (204) 724-7867 (Cell Phone)