Residence Wireless Internet
The complimentary residence Wi-Fi username and password is included in the Residence Check-in Information. If you lost this information, please contact the Residence Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Ancillary Office, located on the main floor of McMaster Hall.
Any personal routers or Ethernet connections will not work.
If you have issues with the wireless internet, please go through the following trouble shooting steps:
- Confirm on your device that you are selecting the correct SSID (Wireless Network) and entering the correct password.
- Forget the network and reconnect
iOS (iPhone and iPads)
- Top the little “i” beside the network
- Select Forget network
- Tap and hold Wi-Fi network name
- Tap forget network
Right click on network name and select forget MacOS System Preferences Network Advanced Select the network and click the “-“ to remove it
- Reboot the device
- Try to connect to BU_Wireless or BU_Guest to confirm Wi-Fi functionality.
- If a device like a printer or non-smart device confirm the wireless is set to use WPA2.
- If the device is asking for “encryption methods” specify AES.
If after all of these have been tested please visit the BU Helpdesk on the main floor of the library. You can email email@example.com as well.