Coronavirus and Covid-19
Brandon University’s commitment remains providing the highest quality educational experience and the safest environment for all. This site contains health and safety information about the novel coronavirus, which causes a disease known as Covid-19. Currently, this disease is causing a global pandemic.
Information about BU’s operational response to the pandemic, including teaching, learning, research, campus events, and campus access, is collected separately at BrandonU.ca/Coronavirus.
Brandon University has adopted a number of health protocols to ensure we keep our community as safe as possible.
Know the symptoms, know what to do.
All faculty, staff and students who have symptoms characteristic of Covid-19 should call Health Links at 1-888-315-9257 and immediately begin self-isolating at home.
It is up to all of us to slow the spread of Covid-19 and to build healthy habits that will protect out entire community.
If you feel ill, stay home. Wear a mask, practice social distancing and employ diligent hygiene to stay healthy.
We know that this is a situation that can cause anxiety and concern. Your mental wellness is important.
- BU employees and eligible family members can access supports, including counselling, through Homewood Health. Access their resources online at https://homeweb.ca/ or by phoning their toll-free number 24/7 at 1-800-663-1142.
- BU students have access to our free counselling services which are now being offered by phone or video chat. Please call 204-727-9737 to set up an appointment. More information is available online: https://www.brandonu.ca/student-services/personal-counselling/
Many government and international organizations are responding to the coronavirus spread. Here are some additional websites with significant information:
- Government of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
- Province of Manitoba: http://www.manitoba.ca/health/coronavirus/index.html
- Prairie Mountain Health: https://www.prairiemountainhealth.ca/
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus