Brandon University has closed physical access to buildings for the public and most students. Please contact the university by phone or email if required.
- Staff and faculty key fob access is unchanged, but employees should work from home if they are able.
- All public events being hosted on campus in the near future are cancelled.
- Online resources and virtual support are being increased in the library and student services. Please call or email.
- The bookstore is closed but remains staffed for online adoptions. Faculty should call or email.
- The Healthy Living Centre is closed.
Residence and food services
Residence is closed except for an extremely limited number of students with prior arrangements to stay.
Food services is providing a limited take-out menu only in the downstairs area.
Library and student services
Both the John E. Robbins Library and the Music Library at BU are closed and library services has transitioned to a fully virtual model. Many library resources are available online, and virtual librarian help has been expanded to be available from 9 a.m – 9 p.m.
Student services, including counselling, advising and other appointments or one-on-one meetings are available through alternate delivery methods, including phone, email, Moodle chat, and Zoom. Please call or email.
In-person classes are also suspended at the Winnipeg campus, and the University of Winnipeg campus is closed.
We deeply appreciate the resourcefulness and flexibility shown by all members of the BU community in crafting solutions to these vexing challenges. There are many courses where in-person instruction, participation, or assessment is at the core of your experience. Thankfully, creative solutions have been found to bridge the gap between now and the scheduled end of term. Thank you to everyone for your tremendous efforts to make this happen.
We are taking these extraordinary measures as part of our responsibility to keep our entire community safe while also ensuring that students can complete their terms.