Advancement & External Relations
To plan, develop and manage a comprehensive program of alumni and philanthropic communication, involvement, service and support for Brandon University, in partnership with the Brandon University Alumni Association, the Brandon University Foundation, and the institution at large.
- To optimize communication and special events with all graduates, donors, prospects and other key stakeholders, whereby these individuals can learn about the university’s achievements, programs, opportunities, advancement, and needs in order to, and advocate on behalf of Brandon University.
- To provide exciting core programs and services for “friendraising” and fundraising such as: the semi-annual Alumni News Magazine; annual Homecoming Weekend; Major Gifts program; Planned Giving program; the Annual Fund; major Compaigns; alumni crested merchandise; affinity programs such as the MBNA Mastercard and Industrial Alliance Pacific life insurance; and donor recognition and stewardship programs such as the Order of the Sheaf and Presidents’ Circle.
- To seek out and grow partnerships and financial support between community organizations, businesses, foundations, governments, the BU Alumni Association and the BU Foundation.
- To manage and improve our alumni records and donor database technology.
- To foster life-long connections with Brandon University through honesty, integrity and confidentiality.
- To nurture staff and execute volunteer wellness, personal growth and professional development in a supportive and enriching work environment.