Addiction Support Worker
Expires: September 15th, 2019
The Community Health and Housing Association is seeking to hire Addiction Support Workers
Location: Brandon, Manitoba
Starting wage: Full time $16 per hour plus a full Benefit Package with Pension
Part Time Weekend and Relief Positions available
Providing support to a maximum of six individuals who are in an acute state of withdrawal from alcohol and/or drugs, and whose condition can be safely managed in a non-medical setting
The Addiction Support Staff will work as a member of the Residential team and will do the following:
- Communicate respectfully and positively with clients and present self in an approachable and friendly manner
- Help create a safe, secure and caring environment
- Maintains a calm and tactful composure under a broad range of challenging circumstances
- Must be compassionate, have high levels of empathy and be an extremely good and patient listener
- Must have the ability to maintain current and accurate confidential records
- Must be willing to take all courses and workshops as required
- Must pass a Criminal Record Check and Adult/Child Abuse Registry check
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com or come in and drop off a resume at our office at 23 12th Street, Brandon.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Community Health and Housing Association values diversity and lived experience.