Expires: August 6th, 2019
AS1 Assessment Officer 1
Assessment Branch, Provincial Municipal Support Services
Advertisement Number: 34751
Salary(s): AS1 $39,037.00 - $45,940.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: August 6, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resume or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar position throughout the province and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Are you interested in a challenging career that combines office work, the outdoors and travel? Do you have a background or interest in real estate, agriculture, land survey systems, geographic information systems, building construction or municipal government and enjoy meeting and interacting with people? Are you looking for a position that provides excellent career advancement potential, on-the-job training and financial support for required educational programs? A career as an Assessment Officer may be for you! Manitoba Municipal Relations is looking for motivated individuals to join our Property Assessment Team!
The Government of Manitoba offers a comprehensive benefit package which include paid vacation, extended health, health spending, dental, drug, vision, long term disability, supportive employment program, maternity and parental leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 Driver's Licence
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively throughout the Assessment District with occasional overnight stays
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check at time of interview
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required
- High school diploma or equivalent education with experience in the fields of building construction, land surveying, agriculture, property valuation and/or inspection, municipal administration and/or related fields
- Experience providing excellent customer/client service
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience working in a team environment with ability to maintain strong working relationships
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite or similar computer software
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
Assessment Officer 1 is an entry level developmental position. Under supervision, the incumbent will undertake training and subsequently inspects property to record characteristics for valuation, classification and assignment of liability to taxation; update property and ownership characteristics in MAVAS and may attend Board of Revision hearings. In this position, the incumbent will be expected to work toward completion of University of British Columbia’s two year Certificate Program in Real Property Assessment or the current core education course endorsed by the Canadian Directors of Assessment.
Advertisement # 34751
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3G 3P2
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email.
Your cover letter, resume and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.