Expires: January 28th, 2020
Planning & Building Safety
This position is responsible for performing skilled inspection work that enforces compliance with building bylaws, codes, standards and regulations and by-laws pertaining to building safety and property standards. The incumbent examines plans and specifications for all buildings to ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards and regulations.
Mandatory Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
- A certified Journeyperson carpenter or plumber with a good cross-section of experience in various phases of building construction, or a certified engineering technician/technologist who has completed courses related to the design and construction of buildings;
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a supervisor of building construction projects;
- Valid Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver’s licence;
- Any other training that is deemed necessary in order to fulfill the duties of the Building Inspector.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- An equivalent combination of experience and education shall be considered;
- Access to a personal vehicle.
Competition # 200002
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm on January 27, 2020.
This opportunity is open to all applicants; however, first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees. The selection process for this competition will consist of testing and an interview. The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Rate of Pay: $33.73 – $38.00 per hour (2018 rates).
Position Conditions: This full-time, permanent position will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.