Health Research Assistant
Expires: April 15th, 2021
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one part-time Health Research Assistant position within our Health & Wellness Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. This is a part-time position of 20-25 hours per week. The Health Research Assistant will be required to administer the conduct of research and analysis on a range of health and wellness issues.
- Participate in the design, development, analysis, and evaluation of various components of health and wellness issues;
- Collect, compile and present comprehensive reports for research conducted and suggested policy;
- Recruit for and conduct focus groups and interviews with community members on specific health issues;
- Draft articles, reports and presentations regarding research findings;
- Manage the presentation of research and analysis of a broad range of health and wellness issues in order to assist in identifying their implications;
- Responsible for conducting literature reviews in support of projects;
- Analyze interviews for core content and themes relating to the intended and other outcomes of the study;
- Assist in developing communication strategies for the department, including appropriate media and other methods while collaborating with the Communications Department.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Health or Social Science, Social Services, or relevant field;
- Two years’ experience with quantitative/qualitative and community-based research methods;
- Two years’ experience in project management;
- Experience in health research project coordination;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset;
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Wednesday, April 14, 2021.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment. Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.