International Relations Specialist
REPORTING TO: Manager, International Relations
LOCATION: Canada (Part-time / Remote)
TRAVEL REQUIRED: No
DURATION: 4 – 6 months paid internship (flexible)
START DATE: January 2022
OUR COMPANIES STORY
SOCAN is Canada’s largest member-based rights management organization. We serve and champion more than 175,000 music creators, publishers and visual artists, advocate for them, and protect their rights. We do this by using and building state-of-the art technology that ensures they are paid for their work – music and art we all enjoy.
- We’re a team dedicated to supporting the national and global music ecosystem with innovation, commitment and desire in an ever-changing music and business landscape.
- We love music and believe that music creators and publishers provide a truly priceless and essential aspect of national pride and culture.
- We’re immensely proud of our workplace culture and this attribute permeates our works.
- Our team proudly supports and gives back to our communities and causes, raising tens of thousands of dollars for important charitable organizations and initiatives.
SOCAN is seeking an International Relations Specialist Intern to join our International Relations team commencing January 2022. Within SOCAN, International Relations is responsible for foreign revenue, managing relationships with affiliated societies, and participating on CISAC and other international committees and fora. We are looking for a highly organized individual with a strong attention to detail to play a key role in supporting the day-to-day operations of the International Relations team. This is an exciting opportunity that will allow you to develop a thorough understanding of SOCAN’s business operations and, also the larger international music ecosystem. The ideal candidate is organized, emotionally intelligent, and possesses a drive for continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Research and gather business intelligence into business operations at other societies and international bodies
- Collect and update data available from international sources
- Work with Manager, International Relations to update existing documentation and develop new resources for SOCAN staff
- Liaise with affiliated societies to collect information not readily available online
- Monitor, collect and disperse international industry / market information
- Document status of International Relations team initiatives and projects
- General administration and other team related tasks as required
- Work with VP, International Relations as mentor
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Strong research skills and ability to identify useful information
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Flexible, with the ability to multitask and work under timelines
- Proactive worker with a curiosity to seek out new information
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working with spreadsheets and data
- Experience with MS suite of tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Business Intelligence software such as PowerBI or Tableau an asset
- Knowledge of the Music Industry and Music Rights societies
Experience / Education:
- Experience in representing or being part of the BIPOC community
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- 21-hour work week (remote and flexible)
A SOCAN laptop will be supplied for business use. An internet connection (preferably high-speed with minimum 25 mbps of internet bandwidth) and access to a cell/land line phone must be available and maintained, at your own costs to access MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) and company networks when required.
SOCAN is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodations please contact us directly at email@example.com and we will make the necessary accommodations. Applications submitted to this email address will not be accepted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
SOCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring and other employment decisions at SOCAN are made without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, ethnic origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, record of offences, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law, regulation, or ordinance.
READY TO JOIN SOCAN AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
We’re always looking for passionate new team members – rockstars, like you. Please visit our career page at: http://www.socan.com/careers/ and select “Apply” beside the role you are interested in applying for. Deadline for applications is December 6, 2021.
We thank everyone for their interest however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To learn more about SOCAN, please visit www.socan.com.