Expires: January 1, 1970
The Inclusive Post Secondary Education program requires a student to support two individuals with intellectual disabilities in their university experience.
Wage $17.00 / hour.
Up to 6 hours / week.
Support person will be paid by and report to Inclusion Westman.
- Facilitate meaningful student participation in classes; for example, help students to participate in group assignments, contribute to class discussions and coursework, and engage with classmates while learning
- Provide support to faculty members and instructors to develop individualized course expectations, academic modifications, and teaching adaptations to support student learning, engagement, and relationships with classmates
- Help students contribute to and benefit from all aspects of campus life and in the Brandon community
- Facilitate relationships amongst classmates by helping students’ with intellectual disabilities to participate in a variety of learning activities and campus activities, events, club, associations, etc.
- Support students with course selection and registration for the academic year
- Collaborate with faculty, post-secondary staff, and students’ families to support students’ full engagement and active membership in their specified program of study, Brandon University and community at large
Applications be sent by email to Taja Lonstrup, President, Inclusion Westman at email@example.com ; subject line "IPSE support".