2021/22 Regular Session
Examinations for the Faculty of Education will run at different dates. Contact the Faculty of Education Office for further information.
University Examination Policy (Effective 2019 Fall Exam Period)
Note to Current Students
Access to your final grades, GPA and academic assessment (if applicable) is through the online Student Information portal. Access may be restricted if you have an outstanding balance owing to Brandon University.
Some online exams will be proctored through Top Hat. More information about Top Hat is available through the CTLT.
- PRIOR TO:
- It is good practice prior to an exam to ensure you have the necessary materials. Do you need printer paper? Do you need toner? Get ready 24 hours in advance.
- Consider attending a study skills or memory improvement workshop. https://www.brandonu.ca/academic-skills/learning-skills/learning-skills-workshops-and-sign-up/
- Brandon University recommends the use of a computer / laptop for completion of online proctored exams. Students who require support in obtaining a computer / laptop should contact Student Services for assistance.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU HAVE AN INTERRUPTION DURING YOUR EXAM:
- Don’t panic. Take few deep breaths:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org AND advise your instructor for any technical issues.
- Top Hat Support will troubleshoot the issue with you. Most simple troubleshooting steps include:
- Refreshing the webpage, restarting Chrome, or restarting their computer.
- For wifi, you can restart your router (unplug it and plug back in) and try again.
- In the event that the Top Hat Support technician and the student cannot resolve the problem, the instructor will be notified for additional support or alternative resolution.
- If your computer is failing (damaged etc.), and you do not have an alternate device, please contact IT HelpDesk to request a loaner laptop.