A bursary is money granted to a student primarily on the basis of financial need, though other criteria may also apply.
To be eligible for Entrance Bursary consideration, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Attend Brandon University directly from an accredited Canadian high school;
- A one-year “gap year” is permitted as long as you do not pursue any post-secondary education during that time
- Demonstrate that you have financial need;
- Submit an online application and any required supporting documents before the published deadline.
You are able to apply for bursaries once you have been admitted to Brandon University. See the How to Apply page for detailed bursary application instructions.
Demonstrating Financial Need
Once you have done the initial submission of your online bursary application, you must complete the online budget form in full for the 8-month regular academic session (September – April).