A scholarship-bursary is a scholarship with a financial need component. It is granted primarily on high academic performance, but the recipient must also show proof of financial need.
To be eligible for Graduate Scholarship-Bursary consideration, you must meet all of the eligibility criteria below:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Registration in Brandon University courses during the prior year;
This requirement waived for graduate entrance scholarship-bursaries.
- Minimum entrance (entering students) or cumulative (continuing students) GPA of 3.00;
(Recipients typically have GPAs closer to 4.00.)
- Demonstrated financial need;
- Registration at Brandon University for the upcoming year.
Demonstrating Financial Need
Once you have submitted your online scholarship-bursary application, you must complete the online budget form in full for the 8-month regular academic session (September – April).